What is the prize for?
What are the judges looking for?
- A story that delights and entertains the reader
- A well produced book
- A well designed cover and intriguing blurb
- A marketing and publicity strategy that addresses the relevant audience and has the potential for great sales
When and how do I need to submit my work?
Who won the previous U.S. Selfies book awards?
What is the Prize?
In 2022, all authors submitting work will receive a free subscription to BookLife, the online resource that provides tips, news and information for indie and self-published authors, plus 50% off Combined Book Exhibit’s (CBE) published rates for any trade show in 2022-2023.
All shortlisted authors will be featured in an advertisement in PW’s ALA preview issue on June 13, a book display at one CBE trade show and a feature in the CBE Library Newsletter which goes to 30,000 librarians.
The winners will each receive $1,000 cash plus a $5,000 package of advertising in Publishers Weekly (PW), both in print and online, plus free display at five trade shows on the CBE schedule in 2022-23 and a feature in the CBE Library Newsletter.
What are the key timings for the 2022 Selfies?
- Submissions open on February 1, 2022 and close at midnight on March 31, 2022
- The shortlists were announced in early May via BookLife, Publishers Weekly and other partner agencies
- The winner will be announced at an invitation only event on June 16, and via PW on June 17
What are the criteria for work to be accepted?
- Titles must be adult fiction, children’s/YA or memoir/autobiography self-published in the U.S. in English between January and December 2021
- Adult fiction titles should be between 70,000 and 100,000 words long
- The author (and illustrator if applicable) must live in the U.S.
- The book must be submitted as a PDF, e-book or other digital file
What happens if I have further questions or problems submitting my work?
- Please check your spam if you don’t receive a confirmation email with the link to submit your work once you have subscribed via the BookLife site
- If you can’t find the email, or have problems subscribing, please email email@example.com.